|Être Libre: Your Escape...|
|When you think of escape, sun, beautiful beaches, and relaxation comes to mind. When you want to escape, the island of Être Libre will give it to you. |
A beautiful tropical island set in an unknown location, Être Libre is the ultimate escape. Inhabitants arrive from a mere thought that they need or want to escape their lives and in a heartbeat, they’ll find themselves on the beautiful island. No one knows how they got there and there is only one way to leave. How to leave is not known until you find it and when you find it, it’s too late to look back. Because of this, departing inhabitants have never been able to reveal to their fellow islanders how they left. You can only leave when you are truly ready. Ready for what? No one on the island has ever solved the secret. Once you leave, you can return, but you will have no recollection of ever having been there before. It is believed that when you return to your life, it is at the exact moment you left it but with an inner peace you did not hold before, though no one has ever returned with recollection to confirm the myth so it continues to remain a mystery to the island inhabitants…
|How To Get There|
|All it takes for you to arrive on Être Libre is a thought that you need to escape. Whether you’ve had a bad day, you’re amidst an argument, you’ve seen something you shouldn’t have, the supermarket ran out of your favourite Ben & Jerry’s flavour, Jimmy Choo decided not to release the emerald green strappy shoes this season, you got fired, you’ve lost someone close to you, someone stole your pen, that sex tape you made has been leaked to You Tube… anything, big or small, if a thought in the realms of “I need to get out of this place” passes your mind, you could find yourself in Être Libre on your next breath. |
Your arrival is by choice, though that fact is not always clear to new inhabitants. You can leave, you just need to know how and you can only learn how when you are ready to leave.
|To Exist In Escape|
|Although an island, Être Libre is a fully functional resort and has everything a person could want or need to survive upon it for an indefinite period of time and for others to forge a completely new life for themselves there. Some only come for days or weeks, others have been here for years. Upon arrival and check-in to the resort, inhabitants will find five items of importance to them from the lives they escaped from. They will also have the ability to survive on the island without earning an income for six weeks from the day they arrived. After that, they must find their own means to survive, whether it be getting a job, starting a career, becoming a thief, a prostitute, busking, getting a sugar daddy… the list goes on. A majority of inhabitants prefer to find themselves employment soon after they arrive and may have the option to start their own business on the island if they have something new to offer inhabitants. |
The resort itself offers luxury facilities starting with accommodation for all inhabitants that may be beautiful rooms in the main complex (rooms come in singles, doubles, triples or, quads) or on-the-beach bungalows, usually housing two or more people. Here you will also find the Blue Lagoon Bar, Breezy Point Restaurant, the Four Sands Cafe, Hors de Prix Exotic Dancing and Strip Club, Chique Physique Gym, the Moonlit Shore Piano Bar, the C'est Naturel Day Spa and Sauna, and the Être Libre Marina and Boat Ramp.
Connected to the resort is a town offering shops, restaurants and entertainment facilities in addition to the businesses at the resort. There are also services such as a Medical Centre if an islander gets ill or injured, a police station to target inevitable crime on the island, a library if reading is your preferred relaxation tool, a supermarket for grocery shopping, a mall, and the ever-popular dining hot spot, Beach Street, offering a restaurants with food from all corners of the world. Popular businesses in the town include the bowling alley, the movie theatre, the Karaoke bar, Aquatic Chaos gay bar and nightclub, Shaken'n'Stirred nightclub, Pages Bookshop, the casino, and the adult pleasures shop, The Pleasure Chest.
|People, Places, Pleasing Yourself|
|:: Find the list of Être Libre inhabitants HERE|
:: Find who stays where in the resort HERE
:: Find the list of Être Libre places and island activities HERE
:: Find a list of jobs and who is employed where HERE
|ADMIN: Rules & Guidelines|
|- Read the premise above to get a feel for our atmosphere.|
- Read our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS page for further information.
- Check the TAKEN CHARACTERS list. We accept canon characters only. No original characters, or animated characters. The exception for cartoon or comic characters is that they must have a human PB. We also do not accept applications for characters written by authors who have specifically requested their characters are not recreated in a fandom enviroment; the list of these authors is on our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS page.
- If you wish to apply for a character, please visit APPLICATION DIRECTIONS
- If we receive more than one application for a character simultaneously then we will judge which application is best
- Post your character's entry, as included with your application, to the main comm (etrelibre_rpg). All entries must include the following header:
- Your pups will eventually need jobs to survive so CHECK JOB VACANCIES, or come up with a business or job your own (mod approval is required for all jobs so your pup can be added to the Employment Register)
- The characters' Communications Portal is etre_intouch. Here characters can communicate with each other in other forms beyond face-to-face scenes such as email, Facebook, text messages, letters, notes, and online chats.
- Remember to use tags as they help us track activity, and it makes it all neat and tidy. Activity checks will be carried out every six weeks, so again use tags please. All that's required is including a tag for the place, one to specify if it's opened, closed, or an arrival, your particular character tag, and ship tag (if you are involved in an ship). When you join an open thread, please remember to add your own character tag to it.
- Please keep all NC-17 content to your own journal. If you want to post a (clean) link in the main comm to the thread that's fine, but please make sure to include a warning. In the main comm we do accept adult themes, violence (within reason), etc... anything that comes under NC-17. ALL pups engaging in adult activities must be that - adults. Please do not engage any underage pups in adult activities, even if you as a mun are an adult.
- No canon puncturing please. This means do not have your character walk up to others and tell them they're not real. In the instance where pop culture references exist in your pup's canon, please for the love of in game courtesy ignore it. If you think it's too hard for your character's canon then CONTACT THE MODS and we will discuss work arounds. In this game everyone is real and equal.
- No wank. We are all allegedly adults, so let's behave like them. If any wank does occur, please try and solve it between players. If that doesn't work then CONTACT THE MODS.
- Have fun!
The Mods reserve the right to add, or change the rules as we see fit, but players will be notified first. FAQs will be available once the game has been up and running and we have more idea of what players want answered.
|Still interested in joining? Please go HERE for guidelines on how to apply for a character.|
|ADMIN: Moderator Contact|
|The Moderators portal is etrelibre_mod. You can contact the mods by leaving a message for them at THIS POST. All comments are screened and private to mods only.|
|The OOC community for players only is etrelibre_ooc. The community is Members Only and all posts will be locked to players only. Any OOC discussion (such as player intros, plottage, hiatus/absence notifications, random OT talk etc) should be posted here.|
Taken Characters | Application | Game Tags
Resort Guestbook | Places on the Island | Island Activities
Employment Register | Job Vacancies